The Newseum

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Newseum is the most powerful tour of the program.  The pictures, the words, and the pictures of history stuck in time.  I saw it here, felt it here, smelt it here, and all the other senses I forgot. I was immersed in the experience.

The passing rain that met us during the walk towards the Newseum did not hamper the experience.  In some ways, it enhanced it.  The negativity of the pictures, powerful pictures, paralleled the gloomy weather outside.  Now I know why a certain co-participant is always negative.  Being immersed in the field of journalism can lead to such pessimism totally inherent within him.

Plunging deeper into the negativity, I was sucked in by the emotions of the dark past.  I really learned a lot in the tour.  I thanks the program for giving such an opportunity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment